Durian, which is also known as the king of fruits, is much loved among various people, especially Malaysians. You can buy durian from Raub, in Pahang, Malaysia, as here you can get the best produced durians in a large variety. Plus, you can buy other by-products made from durian, such as durian puree (required in the following recipe), durian powder, packaged durian, etc. from Raub.
Today, you will learn an amazing durian recipe, which will allow you to savor the durian taste and durian smell. This recipe is called Durian Puree Cheesecake made from durian, which has a nice aroma and taste. Plus, this exotic fruit has high cholesterol, but the good one, not the bad one. So, let us see how you can make Durian Puree Cheesecake.
Durian Puree Cheesecake
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes (Preparation – 15 minutes; Cooking – 1 hour)
- Cream cheese – 12 ounces at room temperature
- Sweetened condensed milk – 7 fluid ounces
- Pureed fresh durian – 1/4 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Sour cream – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Banana or durian extract – 1 tablespoon
- Prepared graham cracker crust – 1 or 9 inches
- First, you need to preheat your oven to 170 degrees C or 325 degrees F.
- If you are not using frozen or canned durian puree, then you need to cut the husk of a durian and then remove one part of its pulpy inner flesh. Place it in a bowl and mash the flesh using a fork. Keep 1/4 cup of the mashed flesh aside.
- Beat the cream cheese till it becomes fluffy. Then, add condensed milk to it and keep on beating it till it turns smooth. Then, beat in eggs, pureed durian, sour cream, banana or durian extract, and vanilla extract. Pour this batter into the prepared graham cracker crust.
- Bake it for 1 hour or till the edges turn slightly brown and the filling is set. Serve it warm. You can also serve it cold by keeping it in the refrigerator overnight.